Saturday, August 20, 2016

Do You Embody the Fiery Spirit of the French Revolution?

If so, San Francisco Opera might have a job for you:

SAN FRANCISCO OPERA HOLDS PUBLIC CASTING CALL FOR
SUPERNUMERARIES (SUPERS) ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 23

MEN 18–45 YEARS OLD NEEDED FOR COMPANY’S SEASON-OPENING
PRODUCTION OF ANDREA CHÉNIER

SAN FRANCISCO (August 19, 2016)—Do you embody the fiery spirit of the French Revolution? San Francisco Opera is holding a public casting call seeking men between the ages of 18 and 45 to fill non-speaking and non-singing supernumerary and extra roles for the Company’s season-opening production of Umberto Giordano’s Andrea Chénier.

An open casting call will be held on Tuesday, August 23 at the War Memorial Opera House at 5 p.m. No experience is required and there is no fee to audition. Stipends will be provided to those cast in this production.

Supernumeraries, also known as supers, act as extras (in costume and make-up) on the stage in non-speaking, non-singing roles. Supers have the unparalleled opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented and acclaimed artists in the world, and help bring San Francisco Opera’s dazzling, large-scale productions to life on the stage of the historic War Memorial Opera House.

WHAT:  Open audition for men ages 18 to 45 to appear as supers/extras (as historical figures of the French Revolution) in San Francisco Opera’s Andrea Chénier

WHEN:  Tuesday, August 23, 2016 beginning at 5:00 p.m.

WHERE:  War Memorial Opera House, 301 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, 94102

Interested parties should contact supers@sfopera.com to receive more information and reserve a spot for this exciting opportunity!

6 comments:

Henry Holland said...

Dammit! I live about 400 miles away and I'm 11 years too old, but I'd to be a super, especially for this opera. Really looking forward to hearing it live in September, Mario del Monaco singing the glorious first act aria Un Dì All'azzura Spazio on the Decca studio recording is one of my favorite opera recordings ever. Alas.

Lisa Hirsch said...

I have to actually FIND my recording of Andrea Chenier. It's here SOMEPLACE....unless I gave it away because I found the opera kinda boring. :)

ketzel said...

I'd love to attend the American debut of Anna Pirozzi, but every time I steel myself to listen to Yonghoon Lee's youtube samples, I realize it's not possible. If he cancels, I'll go.

Lisa Hirsch said...

I have never seen Chenier, so I am in regardless.

D. said...

No tricoteuses?

Damn.

JSC said...

There are tricoteuses, but they are choristers. These last few super spots they are trying to fill are Robespierre and some of his cohorts (Tallien, Thuriot, Barere, Saint-Just, Barras, etc...) in a short procession in Act 2 and then some of them double as jurors and judges in the trial scene.